Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Two Roads diverged in a wood Part II

This is girly outdoor nursery is DEFINITELY the road less traveled.  I couldn't even find any inspiration on Pinterest?!

My next favorite place to start a project is fabric.  Sometimes I search for some that speaks to me and sometimes I hoard it until I find a use for it..like my living room curtains.  This was a search.  But I loved what I found...I really really love it.  It's called Yay Day by Birch Organics.  I can see I will be spending more time on their site...such fun stuff!
This would be the bedskirt.  I may or may not add a white or pale pink ruffle to it like the one in my nursery, or maybe pom poms to the edge?  However, I really like it as is.  I would leave it as is for covering a glider and I might even use some to cover the changing pad.

My curtains are from the same collection & they would definitely be getting pom poms!  I would also do a crib sheet and a lumbar pillow for the glider.
Here is what I've put together for a little miss that I feel is girly and outdoorsy.  Which I feel her mom has down to a science.  I used a lot of the same elements from the boy room.  Subtle Touch grey walls from Behr, dark crib and dresser/changing table.  I'm sure Pantone will be telling us that pink is the new green any day now...

And because I have to cover her walls (I would leave furniture lay out the same) I did a little work on those too.  Finding artwork was not difficult at all. 

Finding artwork was not nearly as difficult.  I love the animal hooks I found (had to have a dog!)..but thought about these three instead:
On her bookshelf I would add some fun adventure books like Pippi Longstocking, Violet the Pilot, and The Paperbag Princess. This night light would have to go on one of the shelves!

Let's face it:  There is nothing cuter than little girl clothes.  Here is what I would choose to start her closet:

I hope y'all enjoyed this girly outdoor nursery!  Can't wait to work on the actual nursery!  One last thing I thought was funny, besides me working on a "campy themed nursery"..I would have to add it somewhere, so she'd always think about her Auntie Jenn!


No comments:

Post a Comment